Sunday, November 1, 2009

It Was A Dark And Stormy Night....

Trick or Treat!

'Tis the time of year when mystery writers feel right at home in the world. A Full moon, a chill in the air, naked trees silently reaching their skeletal fingers toward the unsuspecting children who walk beneath the encroaching shadows...I can almost feel the ideas swirling around in the grey mists of my mind.

 Sparkling little Cinderellas, green faced witches, pumpkins, ghouls and black cats swarm the neighborhoods lugging sacks of treats that weigh more than they do.....

Yo--stop the music! I must have a heck of an imagnation because the truth is I only had three hard core Trick or Treaters because it was 39 degrees outside with a thirty mile an hour wind!  The three kids that came were in the back of a mini van. They pulled up the the end of my driveway, stopped, the side door rolled open and a black cat, a fairy and I honestly don't recall the other one came running up  the drive, loaded the loot, ran back to the warm van and took off to the next house!

Talk about hard core Trick or Treaters.....

Kids my daughter grew up with are gathered in my messy livingroom, checking their costumes and trading scars and eye patches. The smell of grease paint permeates the air as Tom is painting his face white but Shan is going for the chartreuse-adds a healthy glowto her witch's pallor.

Vic thought he would escape realitively unscathed until I brought out the Lunch Lady from Hell, and the new cool teeth we found at Walgreens.

I heard a screech coming from the bathroom only to find that Amber had crammed herself into that little white dress...again! Good job Amber!

No comments:

Post a Comment