Sunday, November 15, 2009

From Bad to "WORSE", or Mrs Murphy Rides Again!

Good thing I have an outlet to vent (unfortunately for you!) or I would be running away screaming.

"Never tempt worse," said the great George Carlin waaay back when we were both young(er), so I will never admit under threat of death that more than once this past week I said aloud, "Could anything worse happen?" Because believe me folks, it can, and did!

Actually whether things went from bad to worse this weekend, I'm not quite sure, because what I personally think happened was that old Mrs. Murphy stepped in and anything that could have gone wrong, did.

"Mrs. Who?" you might ask. I am speaking about Mrs. Murphy of the infamous "Murphy's Law" Murphy. I have always thought of Herself as a she, have you not? After all, it would explain a lot about how Murphy's Law works if one thinks of her as a woman and not a man. Let me explain:

She is one of exceptional intelligence, she is totally cunning, has an evil sense of humor, and....wait a minute! That's my sister, not Mrs. Murphy! I should rather have said, Mrs. Murphy has the most impeccable timing at the worst (oops! don't tempt "worse"!) possible moment of your life; that throw-the-monkey-wrench-in-any-well-planned-fail-safe-event-in-your-life(even-if you're not Irish)-then-laugh-like heck-while you suffer and fumble around...(*sigh*) That's Mrs. Murphy!

The story? Well now, I didn't feel so hot Thursday evening, but retrieved Shan from school as scheduled-kind of. Traffic was particularly heavy, and people must have been counting the flocks of Canada Geese flying overhead while still driving 70 mph on the southbound express way than they did actual driving. I ended up running way behind schedule. Watching the clock took a backseat to being sick, and I missed the Master Gardener meeting because Mrs. Murphy was holding my head and chuckling as I tried to remember what must have poisoned me earlier that day.

Shan and I did make court the following morning-actually we have a very cool thng in Wisconsn called the "Court Officer", to whom you can tell your tale of woe before your appointed court date. He has the power to lower the fine or take the points off your license-which Shan opted to do-but I digress-Shan drove home, and I hung my head out the window, day dreaming about Pepto Bismol and a warm bed.

I slept the rest of Friday, but felt better that evening so Bob and I made it to Murder and Mayhem in Muskego. I met some great readers, writers and authors, but Mrs. Murphy must have poured the wine, because I running for the ladies room before I could swallow, and we left very early.

I'll spare you all the gory details, but as I sit here writing on Sunday evening, I am still queasy (I called Mom and she caught this bug too) and I am going to bed early, because tomorrow is an other work week, and I really don't want to throw up on the bad guys.

Our most wonderful friends Tom and Holly took Shannon back to school tonight (many thanks) and Chloe (Super Chloe, the Wonderdog) and I are hitting the sack. If I were to tempt "worse," Chloe and Bob would probably catch the same bug, so I will refrain from even thinking the "W" word.

So good night all, and yo, Mrs Murphy-go haunt someone else this week, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment