Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Did I mention that I garden too?


Meet Burt Beak-a-rack! I started working on him last March. With a little trellis netting, a lot of moss, soil, hens and chicks, five types of grasses and fennel, Burt was hatched. My mom talked me into entering him into the patio planter class at the Lake County Fair in Grayslake, Illinois. He took first in his class and Best of Show! Now that's "something to crow about!"
I actually made him for a class by that name. He's entered in the Kenosha, Wisconsin County Fair in a couple of weeks with some pretty cocky competition, so we'll see if I'm "egg-sagerating," or if he's all he's "cracked up" to be.
Okay, enough with the chicken puns! I'll stop! I'll stop!
Hey, did I mention that I am also working on a Y.A. novel? I sure hope it turns out, because the characters are leading me down some very interesting paths, but I'll save that for later.
Keep those e-mails coming, and thanks for stopping by! I'll keep you posted on how my flowers do in Kenosha and how my writing is going!

No comments:

Post a Comment